COME VISIT OUR LIBRARY!
Our vast collection includes:
- 54 transcribed Cemeteries
- Marriage Index 1839+1916
- Naturalizations 1864-1920
- Funeral Home & Church Records
- Veterans Burials ldx (Burials < 1956)
- Census Transcriptions 1840-1930
- Circuit Case Files 1841-1898
- Landowners Maps Index 1861-1915
- Actual Probate Records 1887-1949
- County Histories with Index (1877, 1891, 1912)
- Copies of actual Birth Certificates 1866-1915
- Over 200,000 Obituaries, and cemetery cards
- Microfilm: Newspapers: Locals 1845-1941, Chicago
Tribune 1980-1990,New York Times 1990-1994
- Large collection of completed family histories
- High School & College Yearbooks
- Publications for sale.
We have a good collection of information regarding many of the counties in Illinois. Our Cook County (Chicago) materials have recently grown. We are in the process of adding over 2,000 books donated from a nearby library.
Other States and Foreign Countries
This collection focuses on the states and countries from which our ancestors emigrated including Kentucky, Tennessee, New York, and New England, but also many other states. We also have an extensive set of DAR Lineage books, many newsletters and Quarterlies from other Societies. Immigration data includes: Britain Czech, France, Germany, and many other countries.
Vernon Hills Village Hall
290 Evergreen Cr.
(mail address: P.O. Box 998)
phone (847) 918-3584
One evening a month until 7:45pm, usually the 3rd Tuesday